Friday 9 July 2010

Trolls

A trio of trolls added to the army. The centre one is possibly the most numerous troll in existence, being part of the Skull Pass boxset, but the other two are a bit less frequently seen, being Reaper models. They have been painted in fairly sombre colours, I wanted to play down the more comic aspect often portrayed in trolls.

In gaming terms I have fielded them as common trolls in this unit of three, generally they are good against knights and smaller units. They give me some speed and hitting power (stupidity allowing), which is quite handy in my infantry heavy army.

Next to be painted? I do have three more trolls which I have spent several weeks patiently sifting through ebay to acquire. These new models are earmarked as stone trolls, but I could also field them in 8th as one large unit of 6 trolls, which by all accounts will be quite powerful in combat. I also have a giant, artillery and many more infantry waiting for some brush attention. And I got a set of the new boar boyz which I will probably allocate to a couple of chariots. While I make up my mind, I have switched back to 40k for a brief interlude, though still green skinned.

2 comments:

noeste said...

I really like the earthly colour pallette you've used for these Troll, and despite being so different sculpts, I think you've made them fit perfectly together as a unit.

Those eBayed Troll sound very interesting, I'll keep half an eye on your blog waiting for a glimpse of them!

Minijunkie said...

Those look great! I like the earthy tones too. Good idea to mix up the sculpts like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...