Wednesday 28 March 2012

First unit of treekin painted

First unit of treekin painted. For inspiration on the colours I copied a Rowan tree, a light greyish brown bark colour with dappled white highlights. There are also a few patches of green and grey-blue which are quite difficult to see on the picture.

The second unit is still to be painted, but I have to decide if I should repeat this colour scheme or try something else. The second unit is more stocky in nature, more like oak trees, which might suggest more brown in the colour scheme. But then that would jar with the rest of the army. I will probably stick with the more uniform grey colour scheme. Possibly.

3 comments:

Brian Carlson said...

Great job on the colors. Could you share what color progression you did on the bark?

Minitrol said...

These look great. I really think the green wash ion the recesses of the face has made these models. Did you think about some fungus/lichen to break up some areas and add a spot colour?

Nord said...

Guys thanks for the comments. I dont usually take notes when I paint for myself so no recipe I'm afraid. To be honest I tend to stick with a basic job of a base coat, a few washes and glazes then maybe a light drybrush with the base colour.

I did want the faces to stand out a little, hence the green. There are a few orange/yellow bits of fungus on the sculpts and I added a bit of green flock, mostly to hide any bad joins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...