Sunday 2 March 2014

Dwarf Runelord Painted

My short foray into the new dwarf range concludes with a painted runelord. Another mighty fine sculpt from GW, with a nice set of alternate heads and arm options. The kit also includes a nice little rune carved slab of rock, but in the official version he's stood on top of it so you cannot see it. I swapped in a piece of cork for the dwarf to stand on, chopped off the top third of the slab and used it to decorate the base.

I am selling the runelord on ebay, so if you fancy a bid or just want to see more pictures, then here's the link. I also have on sale a couple of metal collector's items. I am hoping to raise enough cash to get some viking reinforcements and to start a whole new project. Funds are tight so I have resolved this year to build a warchest by selling items, before I buy any new shinies. It's helping to keep my finances in order and also forcing me to clear out the old stuff that I will never realistically get around to.

3 comments:

Jaeckel said...

Really nice, I love the greenish tones you've used on the metallic parts. Great job. Do you mind sharing your color receipe?

Nord said...

When I paint individual figures I tend to just go with the flow and mix and match as I go along, so there's no recipe as such. I started with a chainmail colour and then glazed with a grey, mixed up from blue and brown. Then I tinted with greens and purples, though the purple is mostly in the shade areas and hence blends in with the grey. Final highlights are made in silver and gold colours, very soft muted versions of them. It's not much help I know, but it's how I work on character figures.

SpaceCowboy said...

Really nice work on the Runesmith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...