Thursday 10 April 2014

Tanatus Saxon Archers

It's been a few weeks since I previewed the Saxon archers by Tanatus Miniatures (original post here). Now that they are painted and based, I will reiterate what I said then, that these are finely detailed historical miniatures. They paint up really nicely with a few washes and glazes. I was sufficiently impressed to go a little further with them and add bow strings, using human hair double twisted for strength. They don't score any more hits on the battlefield, but they look like they mean to!

As usual with my dark age figures I have based them on pennies, which are magnetic. This means I can use them on their round bases in skirmish games like Saga, or I can build a movement tray for more conventional unit based games, most likely Hail Caesar at some point.

I have more dark ages metals on the way, coming to me all the way from Salute. When I have those ready I will take some pictures to compare the different manufacturers in my collection.

4 comments:

Gareth said...

I have a load of unpainted Tanatus Miniatures sitting in a box waiting for the day when I can be bothered to start a Arthurian-period project. You've done a tremendous job on these and it has served to remind me what fabulous miniatures they are. Probably amongst the best 28mms out there in my estimation.

Nord said...

You are a lucky chap then! I would like a complete Saga force of these figures, or maybe Dux Britanniarum. The Picts look really nice. Maybe one day.......

Tane said...

Hi,
Beautiful painting ! Very good job !
Can you tell me if you succeed to blend them with other miniature range ? or the tanatus range is enough for SAGA army ?
Thanks a lot for your help !
Regards from France :)

Nord said...

Tanatus are unusual - very slim and more life like proportions. They do not really match that well with other ranges. They are the same height, but very slender. But I still use them with others in games.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...