Wednesday 9 March 2016

Slayers Flesh WIP

There's not much progress to report. The reason for this should have been that I took a short spring break in York, but a couple of days before departure I picked up a virus and had to cancel the trip. It's taken about a week to recover from the bug, but finally I am able to make a partial return to brushwork. If I had a Book of Grudges, the influenza virus would be at the top of one page!

The skin is well advanced in this shot, I would like to add tattoos but there is very little to work on - most of their bodies are covered in beard and bling! The colour of the hair will not be orange, I think it's the one reason I have never really liked the figures. I did read somewhere that ancient Britons washed their hair with limed water, to cause it to stand up, and it had the side effect of bleaching their hair blonde. This sounds like a good background to me, so I might have bleached highlights on the hair and beards.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Hi there,

I was just wondering how you achieve your great effect on the slayers' flesh? It looks amazing.

thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...